Thirty minutes of the day is specially spent for improving students’ capacity of reading, writing and listening.
Pranayama: 10 minutes for yoga practice of ‘pranayama’ (the breathing exercise). Ted Talks: 10 minutes for listening to the talks of famous persons.
News Paper Reading: 10 minutes for personal reading of The Hindu News Paper and writing new words and its meaning that they find in the news paper.
“A physicist is just an atom’s way of looking at itself”- Niels Bohr
Physics Lab reinforces the knowledge acquired in the theory class by emphasizing on the fundamental concepts of physics. It makes them realize the importance of direct observation as compared to inference based on theory.
“I was captured for life by chemistry and by crystals.”- Dorothy Hodgkin
Chemistry Laboratory provides a platform for students to nurture the budding scientist within them. Students are taught various scientific concepts through demonstrations as well as by experiments.
“Biology gives you a brain, life turns it into a mind” – Jeffrey Eugenides
Biology lab is ready for the detailed structures, morphological, histological and physiological aspects of plants and animals. This is a place where our students are given a chance to explore to the genetics and bio-diversity of our universe. Children have the liberty to make models and projects by availing lab facilities.
“Technology is the mother of civilizations, of arts and of sciences.”- Freeman Dyson
Technology plays a major role in twenty-first century education. The School has a computer lab with 40 computers accessible to students. It has advanced infrastructure in terms of hardware and software which cater to the requirements of the students, teachers and the curriculum. Students do comprehensive research for their projects and presentations in the computer lab with the help of qualified committed teachers.
“Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.”- Albert Einstein
The mathematics lab has been set up to enrich the teaching of Mathematics in the school. In the lab students are made to work on projects and activities, which highlight the relevance of mathematics. The lab also encourages group learning and cooperative learning among children.
A school library is a library within a school where students and staff have access to a variety of resources. The purpose of your school library is to help every member of your school community gain new knowledge, skills and dispositions for learning and personal development that they will use throughout their lives. Our library consists of number of books including world classical short stories, poems, essays and general knowledge.
- The Hindu
- The New Indian Express
- Malayala Manorama
Periodicals and Monthly:
- Tell Me Why
- Kinnari Kids
- Kinnari Pookkal
- The Week
Clubs and Houses are the best chances for the students to :
Make new friends : Students will meet people who have similar interests to yours. They may also meet people from different backgrounds who they may not have the opportunity to interact with before.
Build respect and learn team work : By joining clubs or teams, students will learn to work together towards a common goal, learn respect for coaches, leaders, yourself, and one another.
Gain self-confidence : Team work help students gain self-esteem. By participating in a club students have the opportunity excel in something they enjoy and are good at.
- Language Club
- Maths and IT Club
- Science Club
- Arts Club
- Health and Wellness Club
- Eco (Green) Club
EXTRA CARICULLAR ACTIVITIES
- Key board
- Art/ Drawing
- Classical Dance
- Folk Dance
- Roller skating
- School Band
- ‘PALLAVI’ Choir Group
Learning from experience is an experience by itself. The brainwave one fine morning of the mentors of Little Flower School Calicut gave this opportunity to eight children of our school. Thus ROSE was born- a 10 days programme to reach out to the socio-cultural and educational radius of Nepal. ROSE - 18, a unique venture organised by Little Flower School, was really an enriching period for the whole group of ROSE - 18. Rose bestowed the greatest chance to experience in interacting with friendly and traditionally bound people, serene environment, ancient culture and breathtaking sceneries with great diversity of flora and fauna.
Watch on YouTube: ROSE -18 Teaser
Little Flower Basketball Academy
School Bus Service
- School bus facility will be available with effect from the beginning of the school year subject to availability of accommodation.
- Once the bus facility is availed, it is presumed the same will be used for the whole year.
- While waiting for the bus, pupils should be mindful of good manners and good behaviour. Playing at the bus stops is not allowed.
- Pupils must observe queue system to get into the bus.
- Pupils should not put their hands or head out while travelling, nor should they fight, push and pull in the bus.
- Pupils should be courteous and well disciplined in the bus.
- Senior students must see to the seating arrangements of the smaller ones before they are seated.
- Bus seats and chassis should not be damaged by tearing the seat cover or dumping bags on them.
- Students must speak English in the bus and at bus stops and obey the bus crew.
- Any student causing annoyance to other pupils in the bus will be debarred from further use of the bus and will also be liable to further disciplinary action.
- If, for any reason the management is not able to run the bus, no substitute arrangement will be done.
- Monthly fee payment for the school bus must be made in the preceding month.